Tuesday 30 April 2019

MY ROOTS

                           






                         My roots inspire me,
                    To keep growing upward,
                   Yet remain grounded all along, 
                            Bound fast to the mother earth.

                          That I gain strength enough, 
                      To withstand the changing seasons,
                         And be able to bear  boldly, 
                        The vagaries of unkind weather. 

                   They provide me with the succour,
                    Needed for growth and wellness,
                    Keep helping me to flourish,
                   Without seeking a return favour. 

                   I can never cease to belong them,
                      And can hardly exist  alone,
                  Am here because they support  me,
                Though remaining ever underground. 

No comments: