Friday 24 September 2021

LOOKING UP AT THE SKY



                                            I look up at 

                       The velvety darkness of the sky

                        And see the stars in multitudes

                          Dotting it from end to end

                          Twinkling now and then.


                     When in my childhood 

                      I often wondered

                    (Like all children, everywhere do)

                     What they   actually were

                     And where they after all went

                     When the sun came up.


                     And now, though old enough

                       To understand things better

                      I still look up sometimes

                       Waiting for a shooting star

                      That I may make a wish

                        Before going to bed.




No comments: