Sunday 23 May 2021

Musings amidst Covid menace



        In this night of  fear and disquiet,
       With gloom prevailing all over,
       You ask me to sleep and dream,
       Of a bright, sunny morning!

        In the depressing absence of light,
        With hardly a spark in view,
        You ask me to  lit a candle,
        And spread hope and cheer around.

         While in the abyss of  despair  
          I lie indolent and sad,
         You ask me not to lose heart, 
         Hoping the storm will end soon.
        
  
             In the tumult of heart-rending cries,
             And the flood of helpless tears,
             You ask me not to get  nervous,
          But console the bereaved in earnest.
             
 
            It  won't be easy for me, though,
          To abide by your timely prudence,
          Yet, try  I will  what  you suggest,
           And fight this devil to its last.
            
                       
                      
                
     
   

         
         


 

No comments: