Friday 14 May 2021

Mother's Day -- 2021

            

        Recalling you on this special day, 

        Isn't a ritual for me to observe,

        Though formless and invisible,

        You are forever present in me, 

          My revered, adorable Maa!


          Inseparably mingled  are you,

           Into my very existence,

           Making your mark truly felt,

           In whatever I say or do.


             When tears well up in my eyes,

           Seeing someone reeling in pain,

            It's your genuine empathy,

             Surging up in me from within 


                When I  fail to check myself,

             From rushing to someone in trouble,

               It's but your passion for helping 

              Prompting me to do what I can.


                Whenever I'm vehemently critical,

                 Of cruelty and injustice,

                It's your  keen sense of righteousness,  

                Forcing me to fight the wrongdoer.

       

                    When overwhelmed with happiness 

                   At something good happening around,

                   I bow down to God  gratefully, 

                   Reflecting your way of  thanksgiving,

                

                


                



    



        

          

No comments: