Monday 20 June 2016

On Father's Day ----- A Monologue



      Father! Can you hear me?
       I yearn to speak   to you,
       If only you could answer,
       And tell me that you do.

      How blessed would I feel,
       Again  your voice to hear,
      Would rush to you as a child,
      Lost in a crowded fair.

     Though wishful dreaming it be,
    To seek your presence around,
     Having left this world for once,
     Has anyone ever returned?

      Yet, some memories  die hard,
      Dwelling so deep in the heart,
      Keep surfacing  now and then, 
      Like pictures on a movie screen.

     And what can ever silence,
     The words of  precious wisdom,
     You pronounced time to time,
     Whenever I sought your advice.
 

      Here, I am to tell you again,
     That I always  follow the path,
     You showed me  early in life,
     Believing I will never deviate.

      I  hardly know   other ways,
      To honour your loving memories,
       But  keep  your teachings in mind,
       Do what you always cherished.

      Could you hear me, dear  Father?
       Please speak, and even if you don't,
       I will presume that sure you  did,
       And blessed me in sweet silence!
   







No comments: