Monday, 20 June 2016

On Father's Day ----- A Monologue



   Father  !    Can you hear me?
       I wish to talk   to you today
       If only you could answer
       And tell me that you do.

      How blessed would I feel
     Once again  your voice to hear
     And rush towards you as a child
       Lost in  a crowded fair.

    I know it's wishful dreaming
    To seek your presence around
     For having left this world
     Has anyone ever returned?

   But the memories refuse to die
   Living so deep in the heart
   And appear on the surface often
   Like scenes on a  movie screen.

    And what can ever silence
   The words of  precious  wisdom
  You pronounced from time to time
   Guiding me through the life
  With all its ups and downs.

   Let me tell  you once  again
That  I try to follow the path
You showed me  early in life
Hoping I will never deviate.

 I  hardly know   other ways
 To honour your  loving memories
But  keep your life in mind
And do what you  always cherished

Could you hear me, dear  Father?
Please speak,  and even if you don't
I will presume that sure you did
And blessed  me  in sweet  silence
As always you have done
Whenever I   approached you.







No comments:

Post a Comment