Friday 18 September 2015

A POEM FROM GITANJALI

When the heart is hard and parched up ;
    come upon me with a shower of mercy .
When grace is lost from life ;
   Come with a burst of song .
When tumultuous work raises its din on all sides shutting me out from beyond;
Come to me  my lord of silence 
With thy peace and  rest .
When my beggarly heart sits crouched ;shut up in a corner  ;break open the door ; my king ; and come with the ceremony of a king  .
When desire blinds the mind with delusion and dust ;O thou holy one ;thou wakeful ;come with thy light and thy thunder  
.  Geetanjali  39

                ( This beautiful poem has always been very close to my heart  ;ever since I found it for the first time ; a constant  companion  all through ; it has   helped  me maintain  my faith in the all embracing   benevolence  of the supreme  power  that manifests itself    in many forms   ranging from soft , soothing          showers  to the  lightening and thunder  as per the need of the  situation .)

No comments: