Sunday 16 September 2018

Gratus

           Of the countless people,  
          I feel deeply thankful to,  
         Here are a few I never forget, 
         To remember and appreciate.

          On top of the list are my parents,
          Who brought me to this world,
          And helped me grow safely, 
          Into the person I have been.

          Ever indebted  to my teachers,
           And elders of the family I am,
          Who helped me evolve in ways,
           More than I can enumerate. 
  
            Truly grateful I  ever feel,
           To all my friends and colleagues, 
            For being strongly supportive,
           Whenever I felt weak and upset.


            Fortunate it has been of me,
           In having a wonderful family,
           That gives me unconditional love,
           Despite all my shortcomings.

            
            I indeed  owe deep gratitude, 
             To Mother Nature as well,
           Who provides all living creatures,
         What they need to survive and flourish. 


           And as the springhead of all blessings,
            I bow to thee Almighty Lord! 
             For all that I have been given,
                During this journey of life.
           
            





No comments: