Wednesday 4 April 2018

A DIALOGUE WITH THE SEA ....






                                                                                 

                                                 Sitting by the sea one morning,
                                          I fell into a state of  reverie,
                                         And found myself talking,
                                         With this marvel of nature.

                                       '' What makes you so agile '' I asked,
                                       ''  Ever active and vibrant,
                                         Be it the bright sunny morning,
                                      Or the mysterious dark night? ''

                                        In answer, I saw a giant wave,
                                       Wearing a crown of white foam,
                                       Rushing towards me fiercely,
                                       With an alarming sound --

                                      '' It's my way of existing''it said,
                                      '' And offering my own gratitude,
                                        At the feet of the master creator,
                                       Who made me what I am ''

                                    ''And why do you always appear,
                                      Destructive and threatening,
                                      But recede calmly  ofttimes, 
                                      Gently touching the shoreline? ''

                                    '' Because I am so ordained,
                                      As  to keep myself controlled,
                                     And not to abuse my powers, 
                                  To damage what is part of creation.

                                  '' I have heard hear that you possess,
                                    A huge mass of gems and pearls,
                                   Can I have  only a few of them,
                                   From that treasure of yours? ''

                              ''  You can sure have what you wish,
                                  Just dive into me till you reach,
                                  The deepest of levels and pick,
                                  whatever you choose to take back,
                                     

                                   With these words did the clever sea
                                   Send a big wave to ride over me
                                   Which  broke my daydream in an instant
                                   And left me struck with another wonder!
                       


               


                 
               

               

                     










No comments: